Saturday, August 29, 2009

Update time

I'm posting an update because I have awesome friends around this country and up north who have asked about my condition over the last week. Thanks so much to everyone for all of their support, it means so much to have so many people care about me.

Well, it's been a little while, but the good news is that the reason for that is I haven't had much to report. Basically, my biggest news right now is that I am very happy with Kaiser Permanente, Dr. Schwarz is the shit, and I feel amazing. Sure I have a headache when I wake up in the morning and it usually takes one pain pill to work through that, but man, if you were to tell me that would be my biggest concern I would have definitely taken it.

I got my staples out last Wednesday. Unfortunately, I haven't got a chance to take a picture yet, but the scarring is pretty minimal. I'll be sure and post a picture either tonight or tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that.

Like I said before, I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of movies. This morning I finally got around to watching Unforgiven. Holy crap that is an amazing movie! I can't decide if I am completely stoked to be named after Clint Eastwood, or feel like completely inadequate since I could never in a million years live up to those standards :).

I also read The Kitchen Readings: Untold Stories of Hunter S. Thomspson by Michael Cleverly and Bob Braudis. Both of these men live in Aspen and were close friends with Hunter. Braudis was the Sheriff of Pitkin County, which put him in an interesting position due to Hunter's shall we say slightly "eccentric" lifestyle and his love of guns and narcotics. It's a great book to read as a supplement to a lot of his other stuff, and though obviously biased, it gives a great perspective from two people who were friends of a very very interesting man.

On a final note, shout out to Ted Kennedy, who, whether you loved him or hated him, had to be respected. May he rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. many more best wishes to complete your task enthusiastically... all the very best.. and keep going and be fit as well.

    home health care reform

    ReplyDelete